• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

MA-10/DPMS SASS build

redheep

Hey Gents,

Just wanted to stick my nose in here and say hello. I'm planning on building on a Mega receiver set when I get home. I'm not a stranger to the AR platform (a few trips to a USMC rifle range the past few years :) ) but I'm certainly no armorer either. I have a lot of questions and Dave has been trying to help me through the email, but I figured I could bother you guys just as much.

These are the things I've decided on so far:

MA-10 Upper/Lower receiver set

DPMS SASS 18" barrel and gas block

JP Ent VTAC handguard

DPMS Chrome BCG

I want the rifle to be a good shooter, but I'm not made of money. A lot of the tax free monies I've put away has gone towards paying off a lot of bills at home, so I'm working with my $1500 veterans bonus from Ohio and whatever I can pry away from my jeep fund. So I'm leaning towards relatively stock parts for the lower parts kit and the other items I'd need to finish up. I like the MagPul UBR, but I might go initially with the DPMS A2 stock kit since it comes with the buffer parts already.

I'm open for suggestions. I've plugged prices into my spreadsheet with some options and I can stay under the budget if I spend good money on what's important and save the rest for an upgrade later.

Thanks

Josh