• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Opinions on Lantac .308 Enhanced BCG?

Tgraves3

Hey guys,

Has anyone here had any experience using the Lantac .308 Enhanced BCG? It seems to have a few nice features on it that might actually be useful… I’ve used Toolcraft and JP and have nothing but good things to say about either one, other than I didn’t like how the rear of the carrier kind of flopped around in the receiver more than I liked. The Lantac has a flared boss at the rear to help mitigate that. I was going to reach out to them to see if they could give me some dimensions on it so I can compare it to my others, but I wanted to reach out here first. Thanks!

Tyler

Here’s the link to it, just in case:

https://www.lantac-usa.com/product-page/enhanced-bcg-full-auto-style-308-7-62-nitrided

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/26/2022 at 11:36 PM, Tgraves3 said:

Hey guys,

Has anyone here had any experience using the Lantac .308 Enhanced BCG? It seems to have a few nice features on it that might actually be useful… I’ve used Toolcraft and JP and have nothing but good things to say about either one, other than I didn’t like how the rear of the carrier kind of flopped around in the receiver more than I liked. The Lantac has a flared boss at the rear to help mitigate that. I was going to reach out to them to see if they could give me some dimensions on it so I can compare it to my others, but I wanted to reach out here first. Thanks!

Tyler

Here’s the link to it, just in case:

https://www.lantac-usa.com/product-page/enhanced-bcg-full-auto-style-308-7-62-nitrided

I looks like a decent design Tyler, I do like the larger boss at the rear, but I will say the JP low mass that shipped new with my Wilson Combat Tactical Hunter had issues, broke an extractor, and was replaced by Wilson Combat with a KAK BCG..  I was seriously considering buying a Lantac 308 Enhanced for a spare, so let us know how you like it.

Edited by billymagg

• 4 weeks later...

Well, I was finally able to source a used (but basically new) Lantac enhanced bcg with NiB coating. Dropped it into my LMT MRP upper and it fits very nicely. Not much slop and is very smooth when the bolt enters the barrel extension and goes into battery. Going to check headspace tomorrow. First impression was good though.