• Visit EuroOptic
  • Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Nikon spot on software...maybe has a bug?

washguy

Hi guys !    I think nikon "spot on" software has a boo boo....Heres the deal...ive been using "shooter" an android app and my friend has "fte" an apple app both of these apps are ballistic software and they both agree that for  a nikon monarch scope that is 6x24x50 bdc that is zeroed for two hundred yards ...going to five hundred yds is 22 clicks using fed matchking 168 grain otm...we proved this out numerous times...soooo the other day I saw that nikon spot on was available for the android so I bought it....well inputing the same data the spot on sez its 82 clicks not the 22 the other two programs say.I did call nikon to point this out..so im thinking if that table is not right maybe the prgramming is off for the entire software? <dontknow>  Wash

I use Strelok.  So far so good.  I've tested it at 400 now I need to push it out to 800 to see if it's accurate.

I just downloaded the Strelok app & inputted my rifle & bullet data from my Shooter app.  At 500 yards the Strelok app has 4.68 inches of drop more than the Shooter app.  I checked jbmballistics.com & they give the same drop as the Shooter app.  I know my Shooter app is dead on because I was taking out gallon water jugs at 500 yards with my 308 & my 204.  Both scopes were doped to what the Shooter app calculated.

It's a shame the Strelok app isn't accurate because I really like the reticle feature.

What I did with Strelok was sight in @ 100.  Enter the BC and other definites then shoot at 400 and kept changing the velocity until Strelok agreed with known drop.  That's why I say I still have to shoot it out further to ensure that the numbers it's given me are accurate.  Being free is a bonus.

• 3 months later...

Hi Guys    ooooopsies....the nikon "spot on" is correct...we went to the range today and we were going from 200 to 500 yds...pulled out the shooter app it was correct on the moa but waay off on clicks....come to find out I had inputed wrongly on the shooter app when I set it up....so now shooter app and nikon "spot on" are pretty dang close....DUH!  :)  Wash