• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

.308 ammo on sale.

DustinIL

At www.aimsurplus.com to be exact.

Prvi Partizan 175gr HP match ammo starting at $11.95/box ($1 cheaper than the 168gr match!):

http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=AP308FMJ175

Prvi Partizan 165gr PSP BT for $9.95/bx!

http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=AP308PSP165&name=Prvi+Partizan+PPU+.308+PSP+BT+165grn+20rd+Box&groupid=26

Both are brass cased and reloadable. My uncle had very good results with the 175gr match out of his bull barrel (one of the "tactical" model) Remmy 700 and I've had very impressive results with Prvi's 75gr match ammo out of my 1/9 twist LW DPMS.

Hi Dustin

Ive used privi on my 556's, but on my first 308 build i used privi in the blue/white box soft tip and about half the box blew out the primers...which of course freaked me out cause head spacing was perfect....went to other types of ammo and no problemos...have you had any blown primers with this stuff?  Wash

Unfortunately wash, I haven't been able to try any of Prvi's .308 ammo due to a lack of a .308 at the moment :(. What little of their 175gr match my uncle has shot he didn't have any problems. All I can think of now is to search the interwebz for any similar problems with other shooters, or maybe pull the bullet and weigh the charge in a round or two. Also, check to see if the primer pocket is just tad wider than should be, cuz that would cause primer to come out no matter how mild a powder charge. Any reloaders in the house to give their .02? Other option(s) would be to email your rifle's maker for help and even email Prvi's importer and give them a rundown of what happened; make sure you have the lot # handy so they can track any issues. Best case scenario is maybe getting a refund. By chance did you try the ammo in another rifle to confirm?

Hi Dustin

The weapon shoots Dag.federal match,and winchester just fine...there was another person that had the blue box privi problem too..over at another site....sooo I tossed the remaining box in the trash.Btw im only using fgm now cause for a few bucks more i know im shooting the best without handloading...my take now is that if you have an expensive rifle and your shooting out to five hundred yards...just use the fgm and be happy! <thumbsup>  Wash

I know what you mean, but unless we try other types/brands we may be missing out on other good rounds out there which could even save us money. FGMM has earned its reputation, but even Federal has had some bad ammo over the years.....so has Win., Remmy, and others. If it was me I'd do like I mentioned above: take one apart to check all the parts. Also, if the spent primer fits back in the primer hole with just push of a finger, chances are the brass was made out of spec and not a sign of a hot load. Again email the company, make a note of the lot, and perhaps try a box or two of another lot to see if same issue happens again. If it does, I wouldn't buy it again either. But I would still try Prvi's match loads, just not the PSPs :). YMMV  <thumbsup>

• 4 weeks later...