• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

New Englanders?

josiahg52

I'm near Waterville.

Off the wall question... Do you shoot competitively? (USPSA) If so, I'm pretty sure there's a match in Augusta this Saturday and I plan to be there. I just checked, yes, it's Saturday at Capitol City Rifle & Pistol Club. It's easy to get to, but depending on how far south you are it could be a haul.

I confess I didn't know where Acton was so I looked it up. Lots of water by you and it looks to be out of the woke mess that is Portland. Doesn't look there is a good way to get there either. That's good. 😀

Re: competition, there's always a first time. There's only one way to have more fun and that's done in bed. Steel Challenge can be done with pretty much any firearm, and if .22, gear is absolutely minimal which is why I shoot a .22 in SC. That was my hard sell. If you're interested let me know. 

I know there are matches down by you. Can't remember the range (town) where I shot an outlaw steel challenge match years ago, but SC is lots of fun, outlaw match or not. It's drag racing with firearms, just go as fast as you can. Every once in awhile folks from southern Maine car pool up to Augusta or Hampden. Maybe go to a match near you and make connections? I'm an old guy with too much gear so I drive myself and stay sorta local. Hampden is as far as I go. 

Maybe some day we'll shake hands.