• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Troy TRX-308 Battlerail????

pdc

I'm looking into the Troy TRX-308 for my Mega MA-10 and was wondering about folks' experience with them.  Pros/Cons?  I've got the Troy MRF currently but it's a little too heavy/bulky for my purposes.  I think I should have gone with the TRX to begin with.  Thinking about selling the MRF and swapping for the TRX.  Any advice?

I have the 12" TRX on my 308, I like it. Not as great as the vtac version with slots in lieu of holes, however for me it wasn't an option on the 308. The light weight helps and was the deciding factor in choosing it, however I don't need the top rail and would prefer to not have it. The small rail sections are great and the larger section has a built in qd socket. I would prefer to have a smaller rail section with a qd socket built in or the holes themselves to function as one, but it is not available. Overall it is a good handguard and the holes do provide a positive grip surface.