• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Best 308 AR setup

USMC1996

While we are on the subject what do you think of the Vortex Viper PST Rifle Scope 30mm Tube 6-24x 50mm Side Focus 1/10 MIL Adjustments Illuminated EBR-1 MRAD?

$749.99

Personally I think all the Vortex Pst's are great scopes! That one you listed is 2nd focal plane. Very nice , I'm not crazy about their EBR-1 reticle.

Funny you mention Weaver's tactical line. I'm looking at a Weaver for the REPR. The Weaver/Midway USA scope really impressed me with it's quality.

JM, I purchased the Weaver Tactical 3-15x50mm mil mil ffp for my repr, SWFA had the best price at the time but were out of stock so I ended up buying it from MidwayUSA, now if my repr would just show up i'd bet set <thumbsup>

• 2 weeks later...

I too have been eyeing the weaver tactical 3-15x50. Please let me know how yall like them. I own a SS 10x42 sf and i love it. It is mounted on my savage model 10 fcp mcmillan. However I am convinced that a variable power scope would better benafit me once i finish my ar308 build.  Weaver stands out, but i have read that it only had about 57 moa of internal adjustment. That cuts it pretty close for some of the shooting i do, and would force me to get a 25-30 moa base. But i also read that the weaver has 100 moa of adjustment.  If someone can clear this up i would appreciate it, as well as any other suggestions for what to get.