• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Aimpoint comp4 vs. acog

Hey guys New to the forum and to the "ar" platform world of .308's. I have a fair amount of trigger time with their little brother but wanted to step up to the hard hitting arena of semi-auto .308's.

The subject rifle is a dpms lr308 ap4.

My questions are of the aimpoint (comp4 variety). I have a acog "nsn" on an m-4 and love it so long as my target is 20m out or more.

At what distance would I be at a disadvantage (beyond cqb) with an aimpoint. Am I correct in assuming the 2moa dot will be a 4" dot at 200m and a 6" dot at 300m.? or would one be better suited with an acog TAO1B and rely on point shooting in a cqb scenario.

I've shot 300m varying-distance pop-up qual ranges with a Comp M2 in the past, and it still gets it done on the 300m target.  Never had a problem hitting the silhouette at that distance, and that was the larger dot on the M2, with the brightness turned down.  It can do the job out that far, even though mangification at that distance would make it easier.

You're correct on the 2moa dot size references at those ranges.