• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

LR-308B SASS BARREL THREADING FOR MUZZLE BRAKE

RUTGERS95

I picked one up for a build, based on hearing some good reviews of it's performance, but never installed it because it felt a little on the heavy side to me. I ended up using a BABC on that gun, which is definitely lighter, and I feel that it's effective in recoil reduction. I never tested the Titan, but at less than half the price of the BABC it might not be a bad choice, if the extra weight at the end of the barrel doesn't concern you.

I don't have experience with the Titan on a .308, but I do have experience with the Titan on a 5.56.  It depends on what you are using it for whether or not I would recommend it.  It is SUPER effective at keeping the muzzle down, but it is STUPID loud.  Every time I shoot my 5.56 at a 3-gun match where I'm a new competitor, I have people ask me what caliber it is because it's so loud.  A buddy from work wanted to try out my rifle once, but forgot hearing protection.  I stuck my fingers in my ears and didn't have a problem.  He came back after the first shot, handed me the rifle and screamed at me (presumably because he was temporarily deaf) that it was louder than his .300 Win Mag.  Like I said, it's super effective for what it's for, but it's REALLY loud and I wouldn't want to imagine what it would be like for a .308.