• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Ar-10 stock help!!!!!!

So I picked up a used AR10 16barrell this past weekend an went an played with it down at the ranch The rifle is amazing have no complaints but one and that is it kicks like a son of B I have the factory 6 position stock an want to Change it out for somthing good on the shoulder an easy on my wallet thanks!!!!!!

Hi and welcome to the forum. Let me start by suggesting a buffer and spring change to a Heavy Buffer by our site sponsor. This is not just a plug but a true attempt to help. Their quality is unmatched and the results speak for themselves.  Others will most certainly agree here.

Give Clint a call or email, he is a good guy and very knowledgeable about what your needs will be . By the way, a new stock may fit you better, or offer other benefits over the factory one. I personally like the magpul acs stock for collapsable stocks and the prs for rifles.

Ok I'll shoot him an email an man that acs stock is nice is that a direct fit cause I heard somewhere that I was gonna have to change out my buffer tube or somthing like that

Have no fears! They make the stock in both mil-spec and commercial tube sizes, no change needed. I also suggest adding the larger butt pad, I have it and its so nice!

i apprcaite yall guys help an quick response an i think changeing the buffer an spring an the stock well surley make a diffrence and its seems real light on my wallet!!!  an am gonna go with that i have a coommerical buffer tube on it or would i have to take off the stock to find out????

I am not sure which tube armalite uses but you would remove the stock and measure the tube. There is another current thread with a picture diagram going on, I'd link you but I'm on my phone at work.. if you buy a mil-spec acs and it happens to be wrong, I'll buy it from you.

If you measure the outside dia of your buffer tube, in front of the movable butt stock, according to the other post, the mil spec buffer tube should measure between 1.145" and 1.150" and the commercial should measure between 1.163" and 1.173".