• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Shell holder info please?

draco41

I recently bought a Lee Pro 1000 progressive press for reloading 223 ammo. I want to use it for my 6.8spc also, but Lee wants $100 dollars to make a "custom" shell plate for it. My question is this, What are the dimensions of the 40 S&W shell holder and The 6.8spc shell holder? Lee list the 40 S&W as being a #19 and the 6.8spc as being a #21. I don't want to spend $100 on a shell plate if a $15 40S&W shell holder is the same dimensions. And yes, I called Lee and they said it wont work for the 6.8spc, but i think it will, after all the case head dimensions are very close.

Thanks Guys

<thumbsup>

yes they do, its the "R" plate. I have read around the web some where that people used the "5" plate(40S&W/10mm) before dillon came out with the "R" plate. <dontknow>

I read that on a conversion table for Dillons today . You can check for Dillons caliber conversion here . I know it doesn't help the poster .

http://thegunwiki.com/apps/calconversion/index.asp?machine_3=on&go=Choose+Machines

Are they saying you have to buy the whole carrier or just the shell plate. You should be able to just get the shell plate . They want $ 100 for that ?

You should be able to just get the shell plate . They want $ 100 for that ?

Yep, just for a "custom made" shell plate. I bought a set of lee dies for the 6.8 spc, comes with a shell holder. I measured it and compared it to the 40S&W shell plate, they are the same.

yes they do, its the "R" plate. I have read around the web some where that people used the "5" plate(40S&W/10mm) before dillon came out with the "R" plate. <dontknow>

I have also read that some feel the "5" plate works better than the "R" plate. I have the "R" as part of the 6.8 caliber conversion for my 550, and it seems a little sloppy...