• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

308 Build Info (first one)

tolbndfishin

Allright guys, I've talked about it a little, Going to finally list out my parts, and once this hurricane is out of the way and I can get home to work on it, will get it cerakoted and assembled.  Only the stock and rec ext and scope still in the mail.  Everything else is at the house.

Mega MATEN set (upper/lower)

Kreiger 1/10" M110 contour, 20" length (this thing was a headache to find an adjustable gas block for (.875"), just using a regular one until Syrac Ordnanace gets that size made)

Troy Low pro gas block, .875" and rifle length gas tube

DPMS FF handguard (Apex or MI handguard will go on eventually, in 15" length, once I decide for sure which one I want)

JP low mass BCG including the enhanced bolt

ALG defense trigger (Geiselle SSA-E on the wish list, I wanted to test out the ALG for my father's AR-15 build, so putting in my rifle for now to break it in  ;))

Magpul PRS for 308 (still on it's way to me)

Full length receiver extension/buffer tube

JP SCS buffer  (fully contained spring, this thing is almost odd with the quiet  :o)

Harris bipod on the work bench waiting for it's new home

some 168s and 175s waiting to be slung down range

SWFA SS 20x Mrad/mrad with mil-quad reticle in the mail, tps rings for now. (larue or american defense mount will be last purchase for this build)

I just want to say Dave at bbshooting is the absolute MAN <thumbsup>.  Any of you guys need anything (and i know it's been said here many times) he is one to call/email.  Jason at Mega answered quite a few questions for me as well without hesitation, to help me make some decisions.  And lastly, I need to thank you guys, cause i have found many of my answers here if i was confused about something, or needed inspiration.  Will continue this thread with pics once the process gets continued. 

Russ

That all sounds great so far. <thumbsup>

+1 on the Apex. Confirm with Dave, but I believe he gets a decent price on those too.

Chances are, you'll never go to an adjustable GB with this build. Unless you plan on going suppressed, you'll never need it. Just food for thought.

A couple of things you might want to look into while building:

1. Pistol Grip

2. Charging Handle (You'll probably want something extended so you can reach it from around your scope)

3. Muzzle device

4. Bolt Carrier (The Kreiger should come with a matched bolt, but you'd better double check on that)

5. You're gonna need mags.

Already have a pistol grip, didnt remember the model or i wouldve listed it (was left over from a friend's build).  Chargin handle came with the receiver, gonna see how i like it before i worry about another one.  Have the complete bcg from jp, krieger chambered to that bolt specifically, and the bolt carrier is the low mass one.  Have three pmags coming with the stock from dave. 

Supressor may come in the future, hence the adj. gb.

About the apex: your opinion on the texture?  It wont be to much of a carry around gun, more to satisfy my 700+ fascination, but ive wondered if that grip ends up feeling cheap with that pattern.  I hear nothing but good things though.  Thanks for the input, i still feel like im forgetting something. <dontknow>

Russ