• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

CMMG Lower and Fulton Armory Upper

308truthseeker

I have a CMMG MK3 lower with CMMG 2 stage LPK and a DPMS A2 stock, and a GRSC single point sling plate.  This is to be my main rifle and want to preferably use a 16" or will also use a 18" barrel, either with a JP compensator and a MechArmor Tactical Charging Handle.  I want to avoid a CMMG upper and I am leaning towards saving up and investing in a Fulton Armory Upper specifically, the FAR-308 Liberator LTE.  Does anyone have this upper and have experience with it?  I dont see alot about Fulton on here as far as people opinions on their uppers with other lowers.

Incidently, I had a customer service experience with CMMG during this part of the project.  When I was reviewing the parts that came in the LPK, I noticed that the stock pistol grip lacked any hole for the safety selector spring.  Since the video on their website that show the install steps was for the AR-15, I thought I might be misunderstanding something.  I am only on my second build with the first being a AR-15 lower.  I emailed CMMG, I explained my question, including my possible lack of experience.  I got a response that asked if I could send a pic of the grip showing the area of my concern, which I did.  The next response included an attachment of an invoice reflecting a free replacement part being priority mailed to me stating that the part wasnt correctly made.  This was monday, I had the part by Thursday.  They didnt bother me with asking for the part back, or to return the entire kit or some other bull crap.  I was more than satisfied.

post-2433-136297283448_thumb.jpg