• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

lee hand priming tool

survivalshop

Well, my almost thirty year old Lee hand priming tool started to not seat primer all the way. This tool has been very useful through out the years ,just the last hundred or so 308's it started to give me trouble .

Last night ,priming 45 acps ,I had to resort to finnish priming with my single stage press priming attachment ( I had to look for all the parts ).

I need a new one ,but I'm torn between a new Lee or maybe some thing else. (I almost said some thing better ,but hard to beat that many years of service.)

What are you reloaders using with good results ?

I ordered the Lee again . I will order another one next time I order and use one for large primers ,one for small primers . Maybe they will last longer .LOL

I have been loading with my Lee 1000 and putting the final seating of the primer with it .

I truly need a Dillon ,gotta quit buying AR parts for a while . Lucky for me I'm going to have to think about what to build next , a perfact time to save enough for the Dillon I want .

I got my new Lee hand priming tool & see they changed the connecting rod has been re engineered a little . I can get a replacement ($ 2.50 )for the the one on my older on & keep one for sm. primers & one for lg. primers.

I did notice another thing , they changed the number for the shell holder for 9 mm . From # 6 (my older one ) to a # 19 for the newer ones .

I also see that the same (new ) # 19 is also used for 40S&W & others like 10mm . I can not fit a 40 S&W in my old # 6 shell holder for my old auto prime , so how do you get a good fit with that new # 19 SH with all those other case sizes . I find that odd.

• 2 weeks later...

I really like my new Lee hand priming tool . Its got a little catch to hold the top cover on ( the old one always came loose )

It seems not to like WW SP primers , they get kinda half cocked in the feed shoot once in a while (twenty year old primers maybe ? ) ,but the rem. worked good through it & CCI's .

I decided to retire my old one & not repair it & just get another new one so as to have one set up for large and one for small .