• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

I think I caught the disease!!!

SWshooter

I bought one of the DSA uppers they were advertising on AR15 figuring to just hold on to it or turn it at a gun show and make a few bucks. That $275 upper has cost me about a grand so far, and I'm not finished yet. So far besides the lower and the BCG I've bought an Adams piston kit, Lasermax laser sight, PEPR mount and Leupold Scope, Ace stock and Levang comp. Now I'm looking at a 4-rail float tube and a Grip Pod. Will it never end??? Is there any Cure??? Will our Hero Survive??? Please HELP, before my wife finds out!!!

( Do you think 98Z5V might by it from me as a starter kit???)

• 1 month later...

HELP ME, ANYONE, I THINK MY WIFE'S GETTING SUSPICIOUS!!!!

There is no help.  Nothing 100% works.  Best thing I've found is to fire them at the range, then only half clean them (all the "new ones" that keep showing up in the safe...).  Once they look a little dirty, leave the safe open when she's around - she'll peek in there, trust me.  If there's something she sees that she doesn't recognize, you know she'll say something like "Where did THAT come from?"

"Huh?  That old thing?  Been in there for a long time - can't really remember when I got it, but it's been awhile.  Wow, the thing is filthy..."  

If she persists, just say you moved the stuff around in the safe last time you cleaned them, so you could move the dirty ones (that still need cleaned) up front - that way you'll get to them.  <thumbsup>

I can't guarantee it'll work for you, but it works for me most of the time.  If you can't dazzle them with brilliance (hard to do when we're on the spot, like that!), then just baffle them with bullpoopy...  <lmao>

I have a friend that keeps a piece of broomstick in his safe. When he wants to buy a gun he puts the broomstick in an old guncase and makes sure his wife sees him walk out with it. Then he puts the new gun in the case with the broomstick and makes sure his wife sees him walk in with the same old case he left with. SO far, no problems.