• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

The "feelin' it" thread reminded me...

SPBCTS

I have one family member who is still active military. He spent several years at the extreme pointy end of the spear, and became if not the best, one of the handful of the very best there is at what he does. He is leaving the service next spring, but I won't be more specific about him...Anyway some point in the past few years he was invited to an event to compare skills with others who serve in the same field from other branches of the services and from all over the world. First prize was the rifle in the link below.

http://pgwdti.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=4&Itemid=6

He brought the rifle home with him and I was honored to be allowed to shoot it.

I gotta say that it spoiled me forever, every bolt action rifle I ever shoulder will be compared to that weapon. It is unreal. I fired it out to 300 yards, and those three were bull, they could have been covered with a half dollar. His groups, naturally, are even better. Holes that touch each other. Always.

For a few days I was so in love with that rifle I was scheming to try and figure out what I could sell to buy one. My wife conducted an intervention, LOL.

But I still dream about it now and then.. :)