• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

My Local Gun Shop Today

imschur

stopped by my local gun shop to pick up the Browning and Kidd 10/22 hardware and was surprised to see he still had a decent amount of handgun and 308 ammo. More surprising was a bunch of 30 round PMAGS. The guy who runs the shop is a talker so to get two guns out the door took about 50 minutes. After I finished my paperwork I was going to go outside and call a buddy to see if he needed the mags. Well during the process a local LEO stopped in to pick up a Remmy Magpul 870 (What a gun) Anyhow he sees the mags and calls a friend. After about 10 minutes he brings 6 to the counter to check out. About 5 minutes later he gets a few more. By the time I completed my deal the cop had bough every mag.

The shop was selling the mags for $24.95. Usually they are $19.95. Not bad considering. He also sold his last two Stags Varmint AR's  for $1100 and change.

Nice to see him still being honest. too bad for my buddy though.

Lastly he might have 3 BX-25's tomorrow. I need them badly!!!

I stop by my LGS about every Friday, bring some dounuts and have some conversation with other retired military from all branchs. They have a large table at one end and while sitting there one of the employees say, "If your going to sit there I might as well put you to work." I spent the next 3 hours helping him log in firearms including ARs. Guns in and guns out, a few ARs a couple AKs and at least 10 hand guns, and with ARs still on the racks. The prices are up but not as much as I have been hearing about. Mags, I know there is a good stock on hand, but the price is up on those. I think if the dust settles and the laws are beaten down things will smooth out. But we will all have to see how the battle goes. <munch>