• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

SEALS scopes

Might as well continue this conversation here, in case anybody else wants to chime in.

No personal experience but I have read about them on occasion over at opticstalk and snipershide. They get slammed a lot for being NightForce knock off.  There are guys who swear by them though for good bang for the buck sub $500. Strange krinkle finish on some of them.

The complaints I recall were it was luck of the draw if you got a good one, full power useless and they get hazy in extreme heat

The positives were price, seemed well constructed (from those that like them)

Naturally you gotta take that with a grain of salt and put a higher value on the opinion of someone you know.

I think the guy that sells them is in Texas so maybe he's at your local gun shows. Check them out and ask about the warranty. The 7.62/.308 is a little tougher on optics and mounts

lastly if thats your budget the SWFA super snipers seem to be well loved at a rock bottom price.

My buddy has 2 DPMS LR-308's, and a Savage 308 that he will be shooting F-class competition with.  He has a SEALS scope on one of the LRs and on his Savage and can't say enough good things about them.  He has shot them countless times in 100-degree temps without the haze others have mentioned.  As a matter of fact, I've shot his bolt gun with the SEALS scope and it was a quality piece of glass.

I'm leaning that way, mostly due to the price and personal experience with them.

And, I have indeed talked to him at a couple of local gun shows.

popcorn.gif

• 1 month later...