• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Next step in my build

hmm is the quad rail free float?

From a practical standpoint a gun this big and heavy is going to need to be shot from a bench, prone with a bipod. The Quad Rail isnt going to do much for you beyond looking cool (and thats ok). If this was a shorter gun that you would toss a tactical lite and a laser on I might think differently. Just an outside observation.

Later down the line if you want to swap the handguard out you can get something like this  ;D

• 1 month later...

The 80% lower and machining fixture I got here http://www.tacticalmachining.com/

as far as the specs, the FCG pocket is the same dim. as an AR15. but the fixture has all the info you need right on it.

If anyone cares to do their own like I did, I would be more then willing to loan the fixture out as long as I have some sort of guarantee on its return. I know that with all I have spent on the fixture and 80% lower I could have had a factory lower, but then it wouldn't be mine. There's something to be said for doing it yourself.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I got the muzzle break back today. I originally bought a miculek break but didn't like how the break was a bigger o.d. then the barrel and the jam nut was smaller then the barrel. So I took it to a friend to make me a new nut to match the size of the barrel or break, either or didn't care which. He said to hell with that and made me one out of stainless to match the barrel. nice clean lines.

post-20-136297263268_thumb.jpg

post-20-136297263272_thumb.jpg