• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

NcStar Tactical Scopes

• 1 year later...

I bought one of their scopes, the non laser one, when I first got my AR.  The Illuminated reticle was essentially just too bright at any setting and I was unimpressed with the quality.  I gave it to my nephew who put it on his S&W 22LR AR version and he loves it though.  He shoots it without the illumination at all.  Which is a nice feature of those vs a red dot.  So I think it depends on what you are looking for.  For my money I'd take a pass because, while cheap, there are a number of good alternatives out there in the same price range that I think are better quality, albeit most not magnified.

Or I could just say if it's not an ACOG or an Aimpoint it's not worth having.  Except I don't believe that for a second LOL....

I know my nephew is certainly liking the one I gave him on his.  I shot his rifle myself and it seemed to work well.  The one I had I probably overpaid for though.  I've seen the same thing for a lot less recently.  Then again, me buying things in a hurry without fully checking around isn't exactly a new thing for me.  I did it again when i got the AR-10 with the Walther PS 55.  Also awesome on 22's I am sure and so far it's held up on the AR-10.  I just don't think it's built for it so I bought the Bushnell I am anxiously waiting for as I type.  I was thinking of putting the Walther on my 22 handgun but I am not sure.  I may sell it.