• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Gas system length discussion

I have been thinking about this for awhile now and decided to ask for the groups input. I purchased a Kotonics 6.8spc upper awhile back, but before doing so, wanted to read up about the 6.8 round. In doing so I came across several articles about the proper length gas system for the 6.8spc and the use of carbine length systems. In short, the thought that the carbine length is too short for the 6.8s added powder volume and the use of intermediate or longer gas systems is recommended to avoid excessive gas pressure inside the gas system. My question is this, Is the gas system on the 16" and 18" LR-308 a carbine length or intermediate? Not having my LR-308 yet, (still acquiring parts) I don't know what the actual length is.

Not sure if what Ive read is accurate but it seems that the barrel manufacturer drills the gas port the optimum size for the cartridge/Barrel length configuration. However if you are still concerned, use the JP adjustable gas block and adjust as per the instructions and your problems should be resolved. Hope this helps.

C7Prod