• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Shadow of the Sword

392heminut

Have any of you guys read Shadow of the Sword by Jeremiah Workman? I've always had the utmost respect for our service men and women but this book ramped it up another notch, if that was even possible! My son Josh started reading a borrowed copy and then had to return it to his buddy before he could finish it, so he asked me to buy him a copy and ship it to him in Okinawa. He also requested I get it in hardbound because he wanted to keep it. Now, Josh has always struggled with reading and took 4 years of Honors Language Arts in high school to try and better himself because of it. He has never been able to get 'into' a book so when he made the request I followed through, but had to read it myself to find out what it was that had such a profound effect on him.

Jeremiah Workman and co-author John Bruning nailed it describing what Workman went through in Fallujah and the fallout he experienced afterwards. I knew PTSD was a bad thing but this book puts it into a context that just breaks my heart over what these people are dealing with. I have to admit, parts of this book brought tears to my eyes!

Another one for my list! Thanks. I have always had an issue with reading all thru school I was in more hands on English classes due to it so I've never been a big fan . And like I said in my audio book post now that I'm older I can't seem to concentrate on it now days, I'm really liking the audio book thing