• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

I just had to try this!!!

TacBlade

Larue makes the mount for the rifle and I went and picked up the heavy duty tripod and head locally.  This SOB is rock solid!!!  This is going to be one hell of a prairie dog shooting machine!!!  The mount can be put on anything that has a rail on the bottom, so my AR15, AR308 or my .50 cal will work with this mount. I will mount up all three and post pics later.  I'm not sure how the 28 lb. .50 cal will work?

post-302-136297264862_thumb.jpg

post-302-136297264866_thumb.jpg

post-302-13629726487_thumb.jpg

If you do get the Larue mount, you have to use the head in the pic I took.  I have the other head that is a pistol grip and is vertical and the plate is different and does not work.  The one in the pic is the only one that will work with the mount.  I was sure they would all work, but found out the hard way and now have to very nice heads for my tripod.

The mount from Larue is kind of similar to all top plates with tripods.  The mount from Larue could easily be modifed with a dremel tool if it did not fit just right, but it a little expensive to be grinding on.  Its your choice though.  If you want to measure your existing top plate, I can measure the Larue one for you and we can compare notes.