• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

1911 barrel for COL gage

survivalshop

If you have needed a COL gage for one of your 45ACP or other pistol barrels that you can remove, just pull the barrel off the pistol & use it as a COL gage . This is from my reloading for 45 ACP , I use an old 1911 barrel I replaced on an old Remington Rand 1911 . Barrel is still a shooter bbl. , even though its an old one .

The COL in a 1911 type barrel should be flush with the shroud of the barrel or very close to it as seen in the photo's . One photo shows to long of a COL & the other is usually where I seat them to .

You can use pretty much any pistol barrel that you can remove , just use a factory round to see where it seats to (or a known proper COL cartridge )& seat your reloads to it . All bullets are not made to the same specs even though they are the same cal. & gr. weight, so seeing how they seat in a barrel is a good gage . I use a lot of manufacturers bullets that you don't see in the reloading manuals , so you really don't know there COL.

post-11255-0-50058900-1391095539_thumb.j

post-11255-0-09212600-1391095658_thumb.j

The photo's don't show how big a difference there really is . Hard to get a good angle , but you should get the idea.

Edited by survivalshop

If you have needed a COL gage for one of your 45ACP or other pistol barrels that you can remove, just pull the barrel off the pistol & use it as a COL gage . This is from my reloading for 45 ACP , I use an old 1911 barrel I replaced on an old Remington Rand 1911 . Barrel is still a shooter bbl. , even though its an old one .

The COL in a 1911 type barrel should be flush with the shroud of the barrel or very close to it as seen in the photo's . One photo shows to long of a COL & the other is usually where I seat them to .

You can use pretty much any pistol barrel that you can remove , just use a factory round to see where it seats to (or a known proper COL cartridge )& seat your reloads to it . All bullets are not made to the same specs even though they are the same cal. & gr. weight, so seeing how they seat in a barrel is a good gage . I use a lot of manufacturers bullets that you don't see in the reloading manuals , so you really don't know there COL.

attachicon.gifDSCN1970.JPG

attachicon.gifDSCN1971.JPG

The photo's don't show how big a difference there really is . Hard to get a good angle , but you should get the idea.

great idea