• Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Glock G22 Gen4

Robocop1051

I just got this in my email.... Thought I'd share with y'all

Be safe!

Good afternoon,
Recently, we had a new Generation 4 Glock 22 with the serial number beginning with RTN### have malfunctions with failure to extract empty casings.  The weapon was removed from service; and after further tests were completed with the handgun, we noticed some of the fired spent casings had a minor bulge.  We have noticed the new Generation 4 Glock 22s with the serial number beginning with RTN are extracting casings with a bulge, which is not normal.  So far, we’ve only had one Glock 22 have failure to extract malfunctions.

The department is currently working to resolve the issue with the Generation 4 Glock 22s.  Meanwhile, if you do have a Generation 4 Glock 22 with the serial number beginning with RTN, be aware of the possible extraction failure.  If you are at the range and you experience the failure to extract malfunctions with one of the Generation 4 Glock 22s, please get in contact with a department’s armor.

Again, we’ve only had one weapon with the issue; and the department is working to correct the problem as soon as possible.

Any questions please get in contact with any of the department’s armors,

I don't know the intricacies of the G22, I'm a Sig shooter. I prefer to smack my clients with metal vs plastic.

On the flip side. The G22 is by faaaar the #1 issued pistol in Law Enforcement everywhere. If there were so many issues, I doubt there'd be so many agencies depending on them to protect their LEO's. I'd be so bold as to say it is the highest selling pistol in America.

I personally don't like Glocks, but that's because I'm a stubborn nonconformist. I've shot lots of them and they all functioned flawlessly and accurately. My wife has owned several, and is deadlier than a pit viper with one on her hip.