• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Dpms 308 lite hunter loose carbon fiber free float tube loose

I just picked up my dpms 308 lightweight hunter after much debating if I really wanted that model and the carbon fiber free float tube is a little loose. It seems like it rotates just a tiny bit left or right. It feels like the only thing stopping it from rotating is the gas tube. Is this normal? i have no experience with free float tubes on ar related firearms , so forgive me if i just dont know, but I think it's not right.

Yes brand new factory rifle. I did email dpms and they responded with a number to call amost immediately and said they will take care of it. I would fix it myself bug it has that epoxied/riveted carbon fiber free float tube. Inconvenient but they are willing to fix it no questions asked. This is the same rifle that buds guns dicked me around on with the wrong description and wouldn't do anything about it but return it. Seems like this gun is doomed. Eh it'll work out

• 2 weeks later...

DPMS customer service is actually much better than some give credit for. They will indeed make it right, just put a letter in with a complete description of this problem and all the other problems. A word of caution though. This is National Matches week coming up and many of the DPMS folks may be at Camp Perry. It may take a little longer than usual to get the rifle back.