• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

JP RIFLES 308 EZ TRIGGER

imschur

It looks like Brownells is keeping with their word about adding more 308 AR parts. Well actually I guess it's JP including the correct spring

Video

Purchase JP RIFLES 308 EZ TRIGGER

Instructions at the bottom

Our original JP Fire Control Kit has long been the benchmark for all single-stage AR triggers in terms of precision, reliability, durability, safety and longevity in the market. Now, we have combined the versatility of our component parts with the convenience of a module in the new JP EZ Trigger™. In the past, JP has designed and marketed a high-tech single-stage module as part of our ongoing pursuit of improvements to the AR-15 platform. However, we soon felt that we could offer better value for the dollar and improved overall performance and versatility with a complete evolution of the proven JP Fire Control System. This innovative new trigger can be installed in about five minutes without any gunsmith fitting or modification of parts. It really is the best of all worlds—a superb trigger job on par with our own professional in-house installation, the speed and ease of a module and the versatility of a components trigger.

Unlike other firearms that were designed from the ground up to incorporate modular fire control packs, the AR-15 and AR-10 platforms were never designed to work with such modules. The possible runout in trigger/hammer pin hole locations and safety selector position on receivers made by countless manufacturers can cause potential compatibility and even safety concerns.

The module always represented a compromise in some respect. We’ve come to believe that most modules are not suitable for anything other than recreational or competition applications, particularly since you can’t optimize a module for a specific application. Moreover, modules simply do not have an extended track record for reliability, and many have been recalled for reliability or safety issues.

The new JP EZ Trigger™ represents the best performance value and strikes the best compromise between safety, performance, value and mission-specific versatility. Once you try it, we hope you will agree.

1470_.pdf

• 1 year later...

I just installed this in my lower, a JD Machine lower receiver, and what i can tell you so far is that the pull is crisp and extremely clean. There is no take-up or creep at all, none. The over travel is about 1/16", I would say. With hammer forward it looks like about 3/32" total trigger travel, if not that then it's less.

I measured lbs. force to break and the scale indicated 4.5 lbs. Can't say how accurate that is though but it is good whatever it is. Still waiting on parts for the upper, the upper is also JDM, but everything in & out of the upper will also be JP components, the best they have. So I'll have to wait for the real test on the trigger, at least a month probably, JP trying to catch up on their .308 enhanced bolts, just like every other provider it would seem. But to thhe point, so far I am impressed with the JP-EZ fire control system.

Oh I should have included above. The install of the JP-EZ trigger group ended up well enough. JP advertizes a 5 minute install up to 15 minutes depending on where you get their info from. It took me longer than that. Took my time and was being careful with everything. The anti walk pins they provide are .156" and in my new JDM lower it was pretty tight. I highly recommend using a brass punch of say a little less than .154 to use as a slave pin, I stuck it through holes opposite the side I was driving trigger/hammer pins through. Hold brass punch in against pins firmly while driving pins though. In my case it required some hard hits on pins before they started to really come through easier. At first I was beginning to wonder if the pins would start to come through but stick with it and they will and I advise a buddy to help with holding slave while you drive pins, i had my brother in law with me. I also used brass hammer that is included in my brass punch set.

Next step is to install set screw for disconnector adjustment. This is too complicated for me to explain here it would take too long for me to put in writing. It's not really hard just to much to write and explain whats going on. Of course JP supplies a instruction book and a very intuitive video that you had better watch and refer to. Follow JP instruction exactly and you will succeed. When it gets to the disconnector adjustment keep in mind when you get to fine tuning it you use very small adjustment with the allen wrench for set screw. Don't apply supplied loctite until you do at least one dry run with any adjustments you do, it dries fast and is permanent. You can adjust overtravel but i didn't bother with it since there is not a lot of overtravel to begin with.

The JP-EZ kit also comes with their own safety selector. This is installed first before trigger group but it is not completed until trigger group is all done. Follow the instruction for safety selector and you will be cool. Safety selector is very smooth and nice, I like it a lot!! You can also purchase other lever for selector from JP and have an ambi switch, like $17.00 me thinks.