• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Gen 1 lightweight hunter with surprising accuracy

So I'm pretty much done running the break in on the barrell with my dpms lightweight hunter. I wasnt so sure up to this point I was happy with it and I think the barrel would get fouled quick at first but know I'm super happy with it. I was shooting cheapo monarch 150 grain soft points and shooting off bags using a nikon prostaf 5 2.5-10 bdc with nikon mounts. The two stage trigger was just a bit stiff on break at first too but I smoothed the surfaces just a tad and now I am happy with it. I had three shots virtually same hole at 100 yds. Pretty pleased with it and my shooting. Here is a pic of my target. http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e227/thegoaty03/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsa0c0efaf.jpg

Edited by thegoaty

So I'm pretty much done running the break in on the barrell with my dpms lightweight hunter. I want so sure up to this point I was happy with it and I think the barrel would get fouled quick at first but know I'm super happy with it. I was shooting cheapo monarch 150 grain soft points and shooting off bags I had three shots virtually same hole at 100 yds. Pretty pleased with it and my shooting. Here is a pic of my target. http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e227/thegoaty03/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsa0c0efaf.jpg

Well done. Time it get some heavier gr loads and reach out.