• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Freedom Munitions .40 S&W

planeflyer21

Got a report forwarded to me via Tucson PD route.  A Glock Ka-BOOM with this ammo.

"4/7/2015 12:57 PM >>>

A recent issue regarding 40 S&W reloaded ammunition purchased from "Freedom Munitions" caused significant damage to an issued duty weapon. As you can see in the pictures, the round suffered significant overpressure upon being fired resulting in the case webbing and primer blowing out venting the chamber pressure into the magazine area of the weapon. The trigger, magazine release, slide stop lever, magazine and extractor were all damaged and ejected from the weapon as well as the frame cracked at the magazine release slot to the trigger slot. Inspecting the remaining rounds in the box of ammunition I found quality control issues with rounds having varied seating depths. An online search of the manufacture showed a number of complaints from shooters about quality control issues and damaged weapons. As a result, Freedom Munitions ammunition is NOT to be fired in any department weapon. I will be developing a list of practice ammunition manufacturers that can be utilized in department weapons. "

post-12390-0-37965900-1428438899_thumb.j

I've shot somewhere just over 5,000 rounds of different Freedom Munitions ammo without a single issue. 9mm, 45ACP, 5.56, and 308. Lots of different bullet weights both new and re-manufactured. My single best 200 yard 5 round group ever was with their re-manufactured 175 gr. match load. My last purchase was fall 2014 so I'll have to do some more research before I order again....to bad good things never last.