• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

300 blackout range report

washguy

Char and I went to the range to get our rifles zeroed for deer season using hunting rounds,but took the 300 out for its first test drive.

This is a neat lil round...less recoil than a bb gun...will it kill anything...lol?..I was using Becks 150 jsp rounds with the vortex 1x4 and was putting round after round in and around the bull at 100...sweet!

Char now sez that this is her gun after shooting it ...I knew that was gonna happen....one thing though is that it didnt eject with authority like my other ar's...held back on last round though....its got pistol length gas...so im wondering if the springs in the bolt which is prolly 15 years old  might be the cause? Got some 130 beck TTSX coming...this Beck ammo seems to be good stuff and is made locally .

On a fun note a guy and his adult daughter were shooting next to me using some fancy  long range bolt rifle shooting at 500 using a sled.. so I was using a shell catcher being the nice guy that I am...everything was kewl until I switched to the 16" 308 with the cooley brake....it blew the gals cap off her head!....if looks could kill...Ha...so got it dialed in....Dad looked over with a relieved look....brought over the twin 308....boooom...2 shots...That Ted Nugent tsx 165gr 308  is some smoking ammo accurate too..Dad put his stuff up and left...they could have gone to many open spots away from me...Oh well   Wash

Were they set up first, or were you?

Respectfully

Terry

Me and Char were there first for more than an hour.....empty lanes on the left and right...for such a pretty day we thought it would be full of folks getting ready for hunt season,but the range was empty    Wash

Our local range was empty today as well, thought it was strange with the beautiful fall weather we are having. Found a pile of 300 BO brass, I'm trying to resist the urge but you guys keep posting these glowing reviews and now free brass.......must resist......caliber stable is full.........no cans allowed in Iowa so it would be a waste..... 

Our local range was empty today as well, thought it was strange with the beautiful fall weather we are having. Found a pile of 300 BO brass, I'm trying to resist the urge but you guys keep posting these glowing reviews and now free brass.......must resist......caliber stable is full.........no cans allowed in Iowa so it would be a waste..... 

Dont need no stinkin can....lol   out of my 16" 100dollar barrel they just go poof....get rid of your .223's  lol     Im confused bout this round...it seems like it hits the berm after going thru the target board with authority,but it aint got no recoil...my farts have more impulse than this round    Wash

be careful, that's how it starts...next thing you know you have a prolapsed anus just like that powerlifter!!!  

Ouch.....after getting 12 needles up my azz for the prostate biopsy....i liked it so much I scheduled a colonoscopy for Nov 11th....yippee cant wait for that ...if it prolapses ill just plug in a 12 gauge hull

shitting emoticon    Wash

Wash, you are too funny!!! 

I haven't had to do the colonoscopy thing yet, not 50 & not near it...but I heard from people that have had it done SWEAR that the "prep" is BY FAR the worst part.

I would have to agree to that, still can't swallow anything lemon-lime flavored like the magic mix, my gut just flat refuses. They did give me a handful of pills on one occasion, I had to drink a gallon of water but it was a much easier "cleanout".