• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Any good how-to books out there?

Hello To All :

Does anyone know of any books, manuals or how to guides out there that can help me along the way to building a .308 LR ? Before I attempt to build this rifle I want to do as much research as possible. Thanks for the help and God bless.

This board is probably the best source of information on building an AR 308 around. There are guys here that know more about this platform than anywhere else on the 'net. Start reading through some of the threads on builds and if you can't find an answer to what you're dealing with just ask, someone here will have the correct info for you.

Aringa     Get you a Mega MA matched upper/lower.DPMS lr308 lpk,mil spec ar15 buffer tube.mil spec car buttstock.DPMS ar308 car buffer and ar308 car spring.. ar308 bcg... that will get you going...some punches...vice....  dpms 308 claw... pick a  dpms type barrel  and a free float handguard, gas block and tube for the gas length of the barrel...Mech Armor ar308 charge handle...Mech Armor trigger group  ...done   Wash

Edited by washguy