• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Remington 700 SPS Tactical...

Dale

I've recently became the owner of a new rifle in 308, already set up with a Nikon 4.5X14 BDC scope on what appears to be a Blackhawk 20° base... I have no paperwork or boxes for any of it so I'm at a loss as to anything further then what I can find online...

can anyone give me a clue if this is in fact a 20° mount hopefully not a 30°...  it's .80 thousandth from the receiver to the base of the ring in the rear, the front measures .55 thousandth... .25 thousands difference...ATT00180.thumb.jpg.6ed860d62717a5af13638ATT00174.thumb.jpg.1471706dc55e0f9293e82

I'm loving the trigger too, a Mark X adjustable, haven't measured the pull yet, they say it comes adjusted from the factory at 3#'s... for a hunter that's not bad...

next question... is there a way to make this a full magazine type rifle?... the floor plate is OK but I'd sure like it to be able to use Armalite B magazines... I've got a pile of them for the AR10, it would be nice to be able to slap a magazine in and go, instead of worming rounds into the short action then lining them up to press down into the on board mag... this thing would be bad @$$ to have a 10 or 20 rounder hanging off it...

I've recently became the owner of a new rifle in 308, already set up with a Nikon 4.5X14 BDC scope on what appears to be a Blackhawk 20° base... I have no paperwork or boxes for any of it so I'm at a loss ATT00174.thumb.jpg.1471706dc55e0f9293e82

Please check the Manuals Thread .. In the rifles section .. 10th post. Click on Rem 700 Xxx should get you started.

well now isn't that something, when I searched 700 tactical before I posted, that other thread didn't turn up...

well got a Timney 517 trigger ordered, a PTG trigger guard, a 5rd and a 10 rd magazine ordered... that should get me started on getting this thing more to my liking...