• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Gsg5 loading issues

edgecrusher

I seem to be having a sort of bolt overrun issue wth my gsg5 22lr. It started late last year, and the all of the last three trips to the rangeits been the same. Once a mag (sometimes more) it will crunch a round into the feed ramps between the bolt and chamber. I tried a brand new mag, half loading a mag, dif high velocity and standard ammo, out of ideas. <dontknow>

• 1 month later...

edge - did you post this on the 22 site?

I've had it happen a few times.  I think the problem lies with the angle of exit from the mags.  It seems on mine they can vary, and I can sometimes get halfway through a mag and one will come out at a bad angle and _crunch_.

yes, i posted it. and that too has happened to me, but i did some ammo testing and found that federal champion seems to run the best out of all, except maybe cci mini mags, which are nice but a little more dough. i also started to take my mags apart and clean and lube them after every other range session, just trying things. kilibreuax has some great mods posted but so far i have been shy from trying anything, lack of dremel and proper attachments, and i'm nervous to ruin it too be honest.