• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Cheap new additions to my LR308.

OK so it's not some 1000 dollar ACOG, but it will serve the purpose well. The reviews on it were real good and I couldn't beat the dang price.  Bushnell 1.5-4.5 X 32 Dawn to Dusk. Darn clear glass for the money. And only 10.5 ounces to boot. I also picked up a Magpul Gen 3 20 round magazine. I swear it's half the weight of the stock magazine. The Magpul key mod Bi-pod post fits the stock Glacier guard perfect. And just a cheap sling until I purchase a Beachin sling. Next on my list is the trigger.

I'm really liking the way it looks. :biggrin

lr308scope.thumb.jpg.e4e52b7690ba829a8c3

I likey brother,very nice.For me it the initial purchase then later the upgrades.It's always a work in progress.

Thanks unforgiven. I had my heart set on a Nikon scope. Then I bumped across the Bushnell and they sold me the display model. I couldn't say no to the price I got it for. I still have less than 8 Benjamin Franklin’s into the whole setup. :) 

Edited by beantown

Looks like my Oracle.  I used a Bushnell 1.5 X 4.5 scope (different reticle)  wiith a Burris high mount, same sling swivel 2stage trigger rubber butt pad and 2magpul mags,1 20 rd. and 1 10 rd. I'm going to also zero my Weaver 1.5X scope I used on my old Springfiield 03 sporterized 3006 coyote gun I used in 1959 between college and the Marines.I will mount the Weaver directly on the top rail. The Weaver has a really long eye relief and has a post and single cross hair reticle. It is one tough old scope.  All my shooting buddies said "That damn 3006 is over kill for bobcats and coyotes." , I used 110 grain hand loads  at 2100 fps. It was very lethal on coyotes and the small white tails in North Central Texas back in the day.