• Visit
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Aero Precision
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Faxon
Sign in to follow this  
Venom_6

New SI Build in the works.

I just ordered a matched pair of GenIII receivers.  Looking at ordering a Krieger M110 barrel.  I have to send them a bolt to match the barrel.  I'm assuming a regular DPMS LR308 bolt/assembly will work with the SI upper correct?

Barrel extension and bolt need to be compatible.  Armalite design or DPMS design.  Either barrel will fit in the upper receiver, and either bolt carrier with work in the upper receiver.  Keep those two parts matching, and almost anything else on the gun is "whatever you want to do."  <thumbsup>

Disclaimer - "whatever you want to do," minus of course, upper receiver threading.  Free float tubes will need to be specific to the threading on the upper...

Thanks for the help.  I got a DPMS LR308 bolt from Midway and also a 1:11tw M110 bbl from Krieger yesterday.  I have the buttstock/grip on its way.  SI receivers on the way to my FFL.  My wife is gonna flip when all this starts arriving, lol!!  I'm thinking Nightforce for the scope, but that'll take a little longer.  I like the Armalite NM forearm, but since that wont fit, I'm thinking SWS E1 for the rail.  Then the rest of the smaller stuff follows.  Any suggestions or things I should look out for?

Quick update:

Here she is as she stands now.  Waiting for my bolt/barrel back from Krieger.  Some Badger rings are on the way.  Just needs a Nightforce F1, chrome bolt carrier or SID's if they ever come out, and a KAC rail if I can ever find a URX or FF RAS.

sid_308.jpg

So far she's got:

Colt A2 buttstock

RRA NM 2 Stage trig