• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Ammo report T762TNB1 Mk319 OTM

PSAPA10

I have both shiny first-run ammo and the tarnished "factory seconds" that are often sold online (sometimes it's not advertised as such). As you know, this the white box version of the standard duty load for the Scar 17 and other short barreled .308s. I've only shot the factory seconds so far and they this ammo shot well in my Palmetto 18 inch midlength, however about 3 in 20 primers seem to rupture. The primers are not bulged or backed out- there is just a small well defined hole in the center! I don't believe the primers are defective as the "factory seconds" ammo is not out of spec to my knowledge. I believe they are only rejected for dark brass, especially stains on the headstamp.

I will report back after I shoot some of the first-run ammo. I bet it's just a hot firing pin and hammer on my Palmetto PA10, however I have not had a single "holed" primer like this with any other ammo.

Continued blown Primers will erode both the Firing Pin & Its Hole in the Bolt Face , of course you knew that , but that may be showing high pressure signs for some reason or another , this is some high rolling ammo for a 308 ( 7.62x51 ). Have you tried the " not " seconds ammo in this rifle ?

Maybe your Chamber just doesn't like this ammo .