• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Suppressor Cycling Problems

Gray05

This past weekend I FINALLY got to try out my 308 with a suppressor. An AAC muzzle break with a 7.62 AAC suppressor attached. However, I had cycling/FTF/FTE issues with the suppressor on. This is a non-adjustable gas system with Slash's XH carbine buffer. This gun cycles flawlessly with any ammo I throw at it (without a suppressor).

I didn't get pictures, but as you can imagine with the force of Slash's XH behind it, a few cases/rounds got severely bent and scraped.

Has anybody had issues cycling supersonic ammo with a suppressor? Any guidance on how to go about resolving this?

I've linked to my original build thread for the basic idea of what this gun is.

On ‎3‎/‎22‎/‎2016 at 8:07 AM, shepp said:

I'm sure some one will tell me if I'm wrong but the bit I've read, I think you need an adjustable gas block to shoot suppressed?  

Yep. The big boy AR's just don't play nice when suppressed. You definitely need to go the adjustable block route. It solved any of the issues I had with all of my 10's when running suppressed.