• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

F-1 AR-10 Build Help

jack_belton5

I'm trying to put together a list of parts in order to build an F-1 Firearms DPMS patterned AR-10. I've come to the conclusion that I want a 16" barrel that I can replace with something nicer later on down the road. Anderson Rifles makes a 16" barrel that uses a mid-length gas system that I really like. It's $99.99 and seems like a great barrel to use for the time being. Since I want to run the gun suppressed most of the time, I'm planning on ordering an adjustable gas block so I can fine tune it. Can any of you tell me what recoil system I need to buy? I want a collapsible stock but I don't know what buffer and buffer spring to buy. 

Thanks in advance for the help. 

Edited by jack_belton5

6 hours ago, jack_belton5 said:

I'm trying to put together a list of parts in order to build an F-1 Firearms DPMS patterned AR-10. I've come to the conclusion that I want a 16" barrel that I can replace with something nicer later on down the road. Anderson Rifles makes a 16" barrel that uses a mid-length gas system that I really like. It's $99.99 and seems like a great barrel to use for the time being. Since I want to run the gun suppressed most of the time, I'm planning on ordering an adjustable gas block so I can fine tune it. Can any of you tell me what recoil system I need to buy? I want a collapsible stock but I don't know what buffer and buffer spring to buy. 

Thanks in advance for the help. 

Welcome to the forum, feel free to post in the intro section