• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Converted a 308 ORC to a 308 Dissipator

Rocksarge

Started with a base 308 ORC.

I ground down the gas block to fit under the handguards.  It came with an ACS stock, MIAD, and Mid Length Handguards.  I sold this furniture and ended up with a FDE CTR and FDE Rifle length MOE Handguards.  I traded the MIAD and $5 for an ambi Falcon Ergo grip.  I already had the sling from a previous rifle. 

I bought a VTAC light holder and attached my old 6P LED Defender (added a 400 lumen lamp) on it.  I put the defender head on a 6P LED for work.

The front sight is a YHM Flip up that was tough to line up but I got it done.  The rear is a magpul (gen 1 i think)

I have a tac latch on the charging handle and put on a RRA Star selector for personal preference.

The optic is an Aimpoint Comp C3 w/ FDE cover in a Larue cantilever mount.

Sorry but I don't have other pics yet.

You might find that if you kick that Aimpoint further out, you'll be faster on target when you bring the gun up.  Give it a shot where it's at, then try it with the mount all the way forward on the upper receiver and shoot it again.  There's a big enough difference in those two distances that you should be able to see the results.  It works for alot of people to have it further forward, but everyone is different - personal preference rules all.  That's a damn nice boomstick.  <thumbsup>

You might find that if you kick that Aimpoint further out, you'll be faster on target when you bring the gun up.  Give it a shot where it's at, then try it with the mount all the way forward on the upper receiver and shoot it again.  There's a big enough difference in those two distances that you should be able to see the results.  It works for alot of people to have it further forward, but everyone is different - personal preference rules all.  That's a damn nice boomstick.  <thumbsup>

thanks.  i'll keep that in mind.  haven't zero'd anything yet.