• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Hello from MA with a muzzle brake question

ooglassoo

Hello all, this is my first post to introduce myself. I have had ar15 for a few years now and thought it would be nice to have one in 308. About a year ago I ordered a 18'' dpms LR with the BBL from Rguns in IL. I live in MA so I had to order it with 10 round mags because we still have the assault weapons ban in affect. I ended up just putting a cheap scope on it to get by, while I save some cash to get something better. The scope that is on it is a leapers 6x24x50 mildot, the guy from optics planet suggested It to me.  So far it has held zero after a years worth of use, so I cant complain for the $130 I paid for it. I have to say this is by far my favorite rifle its accurate as hell out to 400yrds.  Anyway I wanted to ask what you guys thought about putting a muzzle brake of the BBL? Anyone have a brake on there rifle and if so which one and how does it work for you? Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks

Dennis 

hello from wmass, dennis. i am not sure what the laws are for adding a brake, and i think you may have to have a licensed armorer do for you because it will have to be permanently attached. that being said, i have both the surefire brake and the pws fsc30 on my rifles and i feel they offer faster follow up shots while reducing my climb and recoil. the only disadvantage i have heard is they increase the bang factor, but for me it's a moot issue  <dontknow>

Yeah I know I have to have it pinned that's why I want to make sure I'm getting a good comp.  After it's pinned there's no changing it. Lol. Are those comps you have for bbl's? Wmass, do you ever go to northeastshooters forum? Thanks for the info Edge.

Dennis