• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Bobro Low-Rider BUIS, That's Nice!

Finally came up with a set of Bobro Low-Rider BUIS and got them installed and zeroed. Pretty slick work, well made with a nice finish and featherweight to boot. They sit a hair over .2 inch above the rail when stowed and are virtually snag free. They don't lock up or down just use a detent to snap in place, very easy to flip them up or down, with only a hinge on one side it may be a good thing they do not have a lock as this way they can fold instead of bend when they get banged on. Zeroing was real easy, front sight uses a chunk of plastic you stick on the post and turn, no clicks or stops. Once you have it where you want there is a set screw that locks it in place. The rear windage uses a hex key to adjust, again no clicks just a turn on the screw and it glides over. Then another set screw locks it in place. The window is midway in size between the normal long and short range peeps. I was a bit concerned about the sight picture but turned out I really liked it, found it easy to naturally center the post. For me they worked a lot like pistol sights, the rear was a bit blurry and the front post nice and crisp. Their low profile is wasted on the present rig but I have plans for a much larger scope on this rifle that should just clear them.

100_5497.JPG100_5498.JPG100_5499.JPG100_5501.JPG100_5502.JPG100_5503.JPG

This set will reside on my Matrix build, a 16 inch rifle gas 308. They are 1.7 oz for the set, made of 6061 aluminium and mil-spec anodized. I got this set on a popular auction site for $158 shipped, same seller has them on a buy it now for $209. Early versions of this had a locking pin and button like shown on the SWFA site but newer versions are like mine with just a detent.

One of the few that have them in stock is Brownells at $199.99; http://www.brownells.com/rifle-parts/sights/sight-sets/lowrider-buis-sights-prod80586.aspx