• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Anyone using AR Comp?

FreQRiDeR

I've been getting consistent sub/half moa with this powder in my 16" barrel AR10. Using 155 SMK, 168SMK and 180SGK so far with excellent results. QuickLoad says I'm getting 100% powder burn which is nice, keeps things cleaner. Apparently it is very temperature stable. I don't see many people using it in the forums much? I think it's better suited for the shorter, carbines as it's a little faster than RL15. Any one else have feedback? 

1 hour ago, 392heminut said:

I've never used it but I'm considering it. How does it meter through the powder measure? The coarser powders give me fits and make enough of a mess on my Dillon 550 that I don't want to mess with them even if they shoot good!

+1.

If it's a large flake or cylinder, they each get weighed.

34 minutes ago, 392heminut said:

Jon, I'm too damn lazy to weigh each charge! Set the powder measure and check it about every 100 rounds to make sure it's still where it's supposed to be. That's how I roll!

I did that with Red Dot and 9mm Luger.  What I think happened is with each one I weighed, I was very deliberiate with the arm instead of going production speed.

HUGE variance at the range. :nutkick: