• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

ubr stock question

edgecrusher

So I know it has an adjustable length of pull but it looks to be mounted like a fixed stock. If it is, could it possibly be used to circumvent collapsable stock bans seeing as it's not the whole stock sliding up and down the tube?  Also I have a bonus question, does anyone have experience with the magpul b.a.d lever?  It would maker a nice father's day gift that isn't too much moolah

I went through this a while ago. Most felt it would be deemed collapsible. The law would certainly see it that way at least here in CT. The other thing was I had never seen a UBR  in a gunshop or at the range.

At the time I contacted Magpul and suggested a new fixed stock based on the UBR for guys like us

I opened the ubr all the way and made an aluminum block that fits on the underside of the stock, it holds in place by an allen bolt that is in the stock, you paint it to match and you can fill in the allen if you want and the stock can't be moved..I have the B.A.D. lever on all my Ar's it works great, especially that i am left handed, the only thing is it doesn't fit 308's, i know for sure it doesn't fit the Armalite, not sure about the others....

hey new guy thanks <thumbsup>, and i guess i missed that post drew but you knew where i was going. weaponizer, i live in pain in the assachusettes, and our gun laws here are like living in obama's house. i would like the ability to find a way around it and your suggestion is good, if i could find a quick way to pop the "pin". as for the b.a.d. lever, it doesn't fit any .308? bummer, but it could start a build sometime, i don't have a .556 yet.

Edgecrusher,

Almost all the collapsible stocks can be pinned or fixed in some fashion in order to be compliant in most states, (don't know about Mass)  The BAD lever fits the  MA Ten with a little clearanceing (I know for sure) may fit some of the other .308's with trimming. The Phase 5 Tactical ,although a bit ostentatious for my taste,is supposed to fit the DPMS .308's or so the MFG states.

http://www.phase5tactical.com/products/ar15-m16/ebrv2-

awesome info guys <thumbsup>. the original idea of the post is i plan on buying a few items that may or may not upset the balance of my pws mk214. it has a pinned stock moe stock (which i refitted, they had used roll pins but they were crooked, couldn't have that) and i was thinking if the front became a little heavy the ubr would balance it out. i like the items you guys found, weaponizer and jgun, both are new to me and seem like viable options. here's what i plan to add

http://stores.homestead.com/Laruetactical/Detail.bok?no=534

in the 129 cantilever mount

http://stores.homestead.com/Laruetactical/Detail.bok?no=513

thanks for the help <thumbsup>