• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

ambidextrous bolt release pin's length dimension

max patriot

can't locate a replacement for a JL Billet 308  lower receiver's ambidextrous bolt catch pin. Can anyone tell me what the exact length dimension is for this part? The diameter is 0.154", the length is approx. 0.813" but it must be exact  as possible.  Have the spring.  The ambi set came from JL Billet. Excellent workmanship. thanks

23 hours ago, max patriot said:

can't locate a replacement for a JL Billet 308  lower receiver's ambidextrous bolt catch pin. Can anyone tell me what the exact length dimension is for this part? The diameter is 0.154", the length is approx. 0.813" but it must be exact  as possible.  Have the spring.  The ambi set came from JL Billet. Excellent workmanship. thanks

PM me. I can get one for you tomorrow. I am very close to JL....very close.  In a physical location sense...I know what you guys were thinking. 

Edited by DNP

• 3 years later...

according to jl billet that ambi pin's length is 0.5"L  which doesn't allow enough right side lever movement to shove the bolt stop FULLY into place. Grinding it to 0.47" allows correct travel to fully engage the bolt stop from the right side AND more importantly the empty  magazine traveler to also shove the bolt stop into full engagement. Why their engineers have not dealt with this I don't know. Possibly they have changed dimensions in the width of their newer sets since I acquired mine. (made the pin's tunnel longer or deeper) but I doubt it. The pins diameter is approx. 0.153"  made a few from drill bit stock

Edited by max patriot

Sometimes there are less engineers involved than you might imagine. Call them up and share your findings with them. It could be that something else is out of spec. I’m not a fan of everything they do, but the do put out some quality pieces and every employee I’ve met there puts their heart into it and seems to take pride in what they do. Nobody is perfect, but I think every member of their team strives to be.