• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

PSA bolt catch substitution?

MOW

Yes it is proprietary, but I am hopeful that some other catch could be modified to work.  I just don't know which one if any.  PSA never has them in stock so they have sort of trapped me.  That's why I'm looking for a work around.

8 hours ago, MOW said:

Yes it is proprietary,

Those fuckers.  Again, with their own shiit.

The Aero Precision is a little different than straight-DPMS and Armalite (both versions), as well - so it might be the same as the PSA?  Worth a shot, and always in stock. 

Pics of your issue, measured out, would help tremendously. 

Edited by 98Z5V

I got a catch from Wing tactical and will try it out when I get all the parts for the build.  If it works I'll post a pic of it if not I'll try to indicate why it failed, and then try another brand.  Looked at a lot of pic's on line of different catches and am trying to find the one that most closely replicates the  picture of the PSA  catch.  With luck maybe one can be persuaded, with a little dremel work, to function.  

If the one I have works on the bench then I'll get it to the range and give it a real world test then post the results. 

MOW

6 hours ago, MOW said:

I got a catch from Wing tactical and will try it out when I get all the parts for the build.  If it works I'll post a pic of it if not I'll try to indicate why it failed, and then try another brand.  Looked at a lot of pic's on line of different catches and am trying to find the one that most closely replicates the  picture of the PSA  catch.  With luck maybe one can be persuaded, with a little dremel work, to function.  

If the one I have works on the bench then I'll get it to the range and give it a real world test then post the results. 

MOW

Hope its a 308 Bolt Catch's or it may fail, Ar 15 ones will somewhat work or not work at all on 308AR's.

Great News!  PSA has the catch in stock.  I ordered 2 just in case.  I would suggest if anyone has the same issue they move quickly as this item will probably sell out quickly and P

SA will probably be very very slow to produce more.

Thanks all for the input. MOW