• Visit EuroOptic
  • Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

G.P.S. Tactical Special Weapons Case -- Getting Ahead of 'The Rule'...

COBrien

I've been looking for a "covert" type case to carry AR-style rifles around in. Not so much because I need to be covert, but because I've got 4-5 "traditional/tactical" rifle cases, and wanted something shorter, and that would carry more pew-pew paraphernalia. I like the look of the LaRue Covert case, but I can't justify near-as-makes-no-difference $200 for a case. I just can't. $100, and I can tell the wife it cost me $60. My ability to fudge numbers with her is inversely proportional to the amount of cash actually laid out -- the more I spent, the less I can "discount" to convince her it was a good deal. It's a curse.

Rather than asking about them here (I still owe you guys at least 2 detailed reviews, per 'the Rule'), I just bought one. It's a G. Outdoors Products ("G.P.S."? Not sure where that comes from) Tactical Special Weapons Case from Optics Planet. It's 28" OAL, which, for 16"-barreled rifles, means it's a takedown-style case. Looks like it comes with 3 "hook-and-loop" (Velcro...) straps to tie the rifle down with (though G.P.S. Tactical assured me they now ship with 4 straps), 3 double-mag pouches (we'll see how well they fit .308 PMags) backed with Velcro, and 4 permanently-attached pouches for storing miscellaneous doodads.

Outside dimensions (according to Amazon) appear to be 30"L x 11"W x 5"D. It ought to just fit a .308 AR upper with a 16" barrel, lengthwise.

Review to follow, but in the meantime...

http://www.goutdoorsproducts.com/products/tactical-special-weapons-case-28/

GPS-T28SWC.jpg

GPS-T28SWC-OPEN.jpg

Edited by COBrien