• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

PA-10- and a tip of the sobrero to 98Z5V

MSchwartz

^^^  What happened to that gun, the issue, is a Failure to Eject from the rifle, because of a Failure to Extract. The extraction is the primary problem, because the extractor let go of the casing too early - because of a weak extractor spring.  The secondary issue of the extractor letting go (due to the weak spring) was that the casing wouldn't get out of the gun- Failure to Eject. 

Interesting that PSA INSTALLED O-RINGS TO THE EXTRACTOR SPRING AND TEST FIRED 25 ROUNDS WITH NO ISSUES . I just received the PSA PA10 from UPS at 830PM last night so will be working it today. Plan on replacing buffer with H3 and spring from Slash, gas tube from Armalite(stock is still the PSA collapsible carbine stock), Cleaning, lubing and setting up scope. Will try to testfire it wed or thurs. I'll use FGGM 175 like they did.

That entire post on the extractor is fascinating. Think I'll also look at the ejector and make sure it functions freely. While I like and respect PSA for the PA15, I also know it'll be a trunk gun next to my trunk monkey as it is dependable in 556. The PA10? Originally was trying to mate the PSA upper to a DPMS Oracle LR308 lower. That is another story but, finally just bought the PSA PA10 lower and put it together.  Thanks again for knowledge and advice. Owe a beverage to you.