• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Lothar Walther .308 Barrels

MajorJim

Anyone using one of these?

I understand that they have one in a profile they call the "Var Tac".  A 20" barrel, LW50 stainless, with a 1.2" OD at the breach tapering to 1" just before the gas block; .875 gas block tapering to .780 just before the muzzle thread.  Has a DPMS barrel extension, but uses an Armalite length gas tube. 

Seems to have all the barrel mass where you need it - at and just after the chamber. I'd imagine that is going to come in at between 3.5 and 4 pounds. 

I can't vouch for that particular barrel, but I do have a custom profile from LW in .308 currently in finishing and then it will ship. I haven't gotten it yet, but I'm certainly going to post up my build and a review once I do. I'm pretty sure from what I've read about LW barrels so far that I'm not going to be disappointed.

My specs for the barrel were: AR-10 profile, fluted, .936 @ gas block, rifle length gas port, .308 winchester match chamber, 20" length threaded 5/8" - 24 tpi for .75" @ muzzle, and an 11-degree recessed target crown.

Cost w/ shipping, $435.00

I've been waiting for this dream since early March, it'd better be one outstanding piece of work!