• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Newbie with 1st Question

STORMINORMAN

My 1st 308AR, a new psa complete upper (came with a psa BCG) and lower, shot the first 20 rounds, now having a local gun shop machine a new nitrided 308 BCG (from Davidson Defense) for the pof roller cam pin...  Do I really need to have this checked for headspace?

Looking forward to this forum, btw: appears to be right on point for my newest rifle.

CHEERS!

Absolutely have it headspaced. I have a .308ar chambered in 260 rem that is sitting because the headspace is off and i need to send the barrel back in. If i didnt check the headspacing before i shot it, i dont want to even know the problems it would have caused.

And if you are getting a bcg machined, i dont see why they cant check the headspaciing for you also.

3 hours ago, STORMINORMAN said:

now having a local gun shop machine a new nitrided 308 BCG (from Davidson Defense) for the pof roller cam pin...  Do I really need to have this checked for headspace?

ABSOLUTELY have it checked!!!  Davidson Defense only deals in Blem Parts, and nothing more.  What's the Blem on that one?  Is it functional, or cosmetic?  Their parts are not worth the risk, for their low prices.  Their low prices are because they only deal in Blem Parts.