• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

DPMS 308 Oracle caliber upgrades

firefighterbve

I’m fairly new to the ar world. I bought a DPMS 308 oracle and did some simple upgrades. I’m looking to upgrade to a 243 upper receiver. I’m looking to just buy a complete upper. My question is what upper receivers are compatible? I would just like to change out the upper and have fun. Thanks in advance 

Edited by firefighterbve

4 hours ago, firefighterbve said:

I currently use it for deer hunting. I’m looking for coyote hunting. But don’t want to buy a 223

Best bet is to build your own upper.  Wilson Combat makes barrels for .243 (2 of them).  What distances are you gonna slay coyotes?  That would determine my recommendation on the barrel length.  Here are the barrels, 16" and 18":

https://shopwilsoncombat.com/243-Winchester/products/1033/

^^^  Those Wilson Combat barrels really are Match barrels, right from them.  They're stellar. 

Aero Precision M5 stripped upper receiver will mate right up to that DPMS LR-308 lower, and work.  The "lines" are a little off, and it looks funky, but it works.   For confirmation, I just did it last weekend, to test a malfunctioning gun that a guy couldn't figure out.